ROSS Program


A HUD-Funded and MHA-Sponsored Resident Self-sufficiency Program

Welcome to Public Housing in Missoula!

The Resident Opportunity Self-Sufficiency program (ROSS) is a federally funded program through HUD (The Department of Housing and Urban Development) and administered through the Missoula Housing Authority. This program supports Public Housing residents by linking them with valuable community resources so they can obtain economic self-sufficiency, independence, improved quality of life, and in some cases so they can maintain stable housing as they age.

ROSS provides referrals for resources and information:

  • HiSET (GED)/College Prep
  • Quality Childcare
  • Credit Issues
  • Credit Building programs
  • Educational Goals
  • Financial Literacy/ Rent Wise classes
  • Senior Services
  • Disability Counseling
  • Support Services for anyone
  • Food
  • Mediation between Neighbors
  • Family Meeting Facilitation
  • Healthcare
  • Mental Health Services
  • Dental Services
  • Medicaid and Medicare Assitance
  • Native American Services
  • Help with forms
  • Social Security Benefits
  • Taxes
  • Senior Employment
  • Empowerment Activites
  • Parent Education
  • Transportation

Meet Your ROSS Coordinator

Ellie Greenwood

BaileyMy name is Ellie. I have been the ROSS Coordinator since June 2009. I have been living and working in Missoula for the last 25 years. I am a friendly person, with a sense of humor, and I like working with people! I always try to return my calls but emailing me your question will get an even quicker response! As the ROSS Service Coordinator I can help anyone who is already in the MHA Public Housing (PH) program. If you do not have housing (yet) through MHA, I cannot work with you until you do. PH Residents who need help with basic things (food, childcare, education, applying for jobs, budgeting and credit building) before moving on to other self sufficiency goals are the residents I can get right to work with. As a Service Coordinator—the bread and butter of my job is connecting PH residents with community services, information, and empowerment activities (youth and adults). For residents who are interested in more in-depth work on self- sufficiency goals I can help you develop your own Self Sufficiency Plan to get you started on meeting your goals for your health, education, financial fitness, and quality of life.

I can also assist residents who need help:

  • Navigating the local court system
  • Clarification of Fair Housing rules
  • Assistance with the MHA/HUD Grievance Process for the Public Housing program
  • Assist tenants with the Public Housing Grievance process