How to Apply Landlords Bristlecone Development Projects Forms and Documents News

Missoula Housing Authority

Current Participants

Welcome to the Missoula Housing Authority! This page is for current participants of our subsidized housing programs. If you are a current tenant of Missoula Housing Authority, please visit our Current Residents page. If you are a participant and have a landlord who is interested in working with us, please have the landlord visit our Landlords page. If you’re interested in applying for one of our subsidized housing programs, please visit our How to Apply page.

The Missoula Housing Authority manages the following subsidized housing programs:

Housing Choice Voucher
Shelter Plus Care
Uptown Apartments
YWCA Transitional Housing
Valor House
811 Program
Maclay Commons
Public Housing
Silvertip PBRA

Most information you need to know about being a participant of Missoula Housing Authority is in your Family Handbook, which was given to you when you were issued your voucher:

Housing Choice Voucher Family Handbook
Shelter Plus Care Family Handbook
Project Based Voucher Family Handbook

As a participant in one of our rental assistance programs, you are required to follow Family Obligations to maintain your housing assistance. Your Family Obligations can be found in your Family Handbook and are also available here for you to download:

Housing Choice Voucher Family Obligations
Shelter Plus Care Family Obligations
Project Based Voucher Family Obligations
Public Housing Household Obligations

If you need to report an income or household composition change to MHA, please complete a Notice of Change form and submit it to your Program Specialist.

If you disagree with a determination made by Missoula Housing Authority and think we did not follow policies or HUD regulations, you may ask for an Informal Hearing. You must make such a request to the MHA office in writing within 10 business days of the determination date. For more information about this process, please review the Informal Hearing Process. If you’re a Public Housing tenant, please review the Public Housing Grievance Policy for more information on this process.

Special Programs with Housing Choice Voucher & Project-Based Voucher:

Family Self Sufficiency (FSS)

Families on the voucher program who want to begin working or increase their income can take advantage of the FSS program, which rewards increased earned income.


Homeownership Vouchers

Families who have participated in the voucher program for at least a year and have full-time work or receive disability can apply to use their voucher assistance in purchasing a home. Find our homeownership handbook here.


Additional Links

Montana Fair Housing
MT Landlord/Tenant Act
Montana Housing (Montana Board of Housing)
State of Montana HUD Field Office
Montana Legal Services
City of Missoula Noise Ordinance
Energy Bill Assistance Services
Homeword Financial, Homeownership, and Rental Education
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
Mountain Line Bus
City of Missoula Online Non-Emergency Report Form